Monday 3 December 2012

It's the Final Countdown!

Sunday night/Monday morning and I'm tapping away on the keyboard again. It's the nights that are definitely the hardest.Just wish I could switch off the whirring of my brain.

Last week was so strange. It was my last week at work and I posted about some of the students and their lovely gifts. Well, that wasn't the end of it:
Flowers from students

Presents from colleagues
Bless them all :) !

On another note, I went to the GP's to  sign up to the smoking cessation programme as I really need some kind of Nicotine Replacement to get me off the weed. My will-power isn't enough! Only the nurse wouldn't give me any, or sign me up to the programme as:
a) It's the 'wrong time' whatever that means and 
b) I would miss an appointment due to still being in hospital!
And they only give patches, which I'm allergic to, nothing else, despite the plethora of NRTs out there. I actually cried in public for the first time. I'm totally shocked at how unbending they were!

Aaargh!!!! In the immortal words of Meldrew: 'I don't beleeeeeeeve it!'  So I went to Boots and I have my first appointment with them on Monday - no faffing about the wrong or right time or missing appointments. They're quite happy to see me when I can come in.  I can get the sprays or nico-inhalors free as I don't have to pay for prescriptions now.

I've still got a million things to arrange, like a bag for hospital and a bag for Colin's as I'm staying at his to recuperate for a while after surgery. I have to pack a bag for littlie as he's coming to stay as well. I have to remember to sort out his scouts trip and lunches. Zedward will just have to sort out his own lunches and get himself up for work on his own now; well he had to start doing it sometime. Just cutting the apron strings a little earlier than desired, I guess. At least I managed to get rent money out of him for the first time ever! 

Everything at work is done and dusted now, all work marked and returned, all UCAS references written and sent off, but it seems weird that I won't see my office ever again (They're moving next year before I come back.) It also seems weird that I won't have to get up at 7am to put my face on for work for at least 6 months, maybe longer.

I'm not dreading the surgery so much as the recovery afterwards. I really, really hate waking up from anaesthetic and being in pain as everything is always so confusing and fuzzy. Plus the wards are always so darned hot! I thought germs liked it warm, so why don't they keep the temperature down and just give out extra blankets if you get cold? It'd probably save on energy bills as well! 

And then there's Christmas to get ready for! Or not? I've got most of the presents sorted but I stropped out of M & S the other day in a fit of 'I can't be bothered-itis!' I'll follow Colin's lead and buy everything the day before. We're at my mum and dad's for the weekend before anyway as they're flying out to NZ on Christmas Day, so we get to celebrate a bit early. 

Back to the beauty stuff and I've been having a no-spend month (or two). I have too much stuff. I've been trying to empty cupboards and get the place sorted so it's neat and tidy but I think I'm fighting a losing battle as I don't do tidy. But if I don't buy anything for a while, then there should eventually be some space cleared

This is my cupboard over the sink - just a tad full?

Then there's the Ikea drawers:
3 drawers of assorted lipsticks, mascaras, hair things and samples (Eeep - hoarder much?)

I would show the nail box I have but there's 3 Muji drawers full of it and it's hard to get out and photograph. I did get a new nail varnish this week, but that's because I had a couple of voucher for Boots 17 from the Loyalty card machine; one for half -price lipstick, and another for a free crackle with another 17 item. So a lipstick and varnish for £2.50. Couldn't say no really? Wish I had though as it's not very good. It's a new crackle and doesn't appear to have a name on the bottle. \it'd Nail Xtras Crackle topcoat but it doesn't crackle:
I popped this over the Nails Inc. Portchester Square that I couldn't be bothered to take off as everything has to come off on Tuesday night anyway. It's just got a streaky effect but doesn't crack properly. I'll try it again over a brighter colour next time and put it on a lot thicker to see if that improves it.

What do you think?

Anyway, I'll pop on another little blog Tuesday night before my op and then I'll post when I'm feeling well enough to type.

See you all soon.

Elise
XXX







1 comment:

  1. I had a crackle from Asda that did that. Very strange...but quite an interesting effect. I hope you have a speedy recovery from your operation :)

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award here http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    Don't worry if you can't be bothered with all the facts and questions (I was just avoiding doing productive things...), but I just wanted to let you know your blog is appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete